The future of fai-cd

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Mon May 14 12:20:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

(replying to -devel to keep the thread on one place)

On Monday 14 May 2007 11:33, Thomas Lange wrote:
> Holger's version which is still using live-package AFAIK (which was
> replaced by live-helper)

actually live-helper (and not live-package) is already installed on the build
host, but the config has not been adopted for the changes in the package. It
still builds a cd though ;)

> is IMHO not a good solution. It uses casper,
> which is much to much for just starting the fai-cd. So, we have too
> mcu hdependencies on things we do not need.

casper is only installed on the cd, not the build host.

Package: casper
Depends: initramfs-tools (>= 0.40), user-setup, sudo, lsb-base (>= 3.0-6),
file

That's not much IMO.

regards,
	Holger