The future of fai-cd

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Mon May 14 11:31:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Monday 14 May 2007 10:58, you wrote:
> I'm just wondering what the future of fai-cd will be? Is Holger's version,
> i.e., is live-cd the future? Or is there any ongoing effort to move away
> from mkinitrd-cd?

Obviously I think so :)

The tool is called live-helper btw and I have seen your request for
documentation, it's just that I'm very busy with other stuff at the moment.
My current plan is to work on documenting the faicd with live-helper at
debconf. I have another livecd project using live-helper (debian-edu), which
also needs this documentation. But since we are currently working on
releasing the etch-based debian-edu release, this (livecd) has currently
lower priority. We expect to release end of may, beginning of june, and after
that I want to focus on the lice-cd and build a debian-edu licecd with it and
document whats needed. This documentation will be 90% suited for faicd with
live-helper too.

regards,
	Holger