fai live-cd now autobuild daily

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Mon Nov 20 13:11:05 CET 2006

Hi,

On Sunday 19 November 2006 18:23, Henning Sprang wrote:
> > If mkinitrd-cd will not make it into etch (that's very likely), I like

it's almost sure. I'm only not sure about the "almost" :)

> > to write a hook for initramfs to create a bootlable CD, but that will
> > be done after etch is released.
> I guess only after the release because it's too late to upload such a
> fix anyway?

no, etch is not frozen yet.

> And, what's the difference between Holger's and your solution to the
> problem?
> Yours seems to need less dependencies, but I am not sure.

Yes, Thomas wants to write a custom hack. live-package supports many different
architectures allready and more to come. Also live-package already has
usb-stick support in svn.

failive.d.n will be renamed to faicd.debian.net later today.

regards,
	Holger