fai bugs against policy - lets get this fixed NOW...

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Mon Jul 10 15:49:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Monday 10 July 2006 13:12, Henning Sprang wrote:
> Things for which the rules in Debian are set for etch should really be
> fixed as soon as possible - if there's a final decision in Debian for
> which FHS version to go, then the bug should be handled.

As written in my mail which started this thread, Debian has changed the policy
to mandate FHS 2.3. Thats the latest FHS version, so it's final.

Also, I dont see how changing the default setting of a configuration variable
effects any existing installation, you need to modify fai.conf to use it, and
modified config files are not touched on upgrades.

regards,
	Holger