A small patch for a minor annoyance

David Riddle driddle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:25:54 CET 2006

> I'm affraid, but I can not include your patch. It's a little bit too
> complicated to understand what it's really doing and IMHO not
> usefull.
Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>

I have included a simpler patch. I hope you find it more useful.

> For me the message "installserver: command not found" is obvious the
> there must be a line where install is taken as an command instead of
> an variable value.
Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>

Yes it is obvious from the error message that fai-setup is trying to
run "installserver" but it is not obvious which configuration file is
causing the problem or that a configuration file is causing the
problem at all. That is the point of the patch to make it easier to
pin point the problem.

> Could you please file a wishlist-bug against FAI in the Debian BTS? That makes
> tracking such things a lot easier. Furthermore, please always provide unified
> diffs, i.e., use diff -u -- thanks!
Michael Tautschnig <michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com>

I filled a bug report along with a simpler patch. I also made sure I
used the -u option for diff and I will ensure that I continue to do so
in the future.

Sincerely,

David Riddle
driddle at gmail.com