[Fai-commit] r3230 - people/lazyboy/fai-2.9-multidistribution/debian

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Jan 12 00:00:13 CET 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 14:00 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Moin,
>
> On Monday 09 January 2006 23:57, fai-repository at svn.debian.org wrote:
> > Added:
> > people/lazyboy/fai-2.9-multidistribution/debian/fai-distributions.install
> > =================================================================== ---
> > people/lazyboy/fai-2.9-multidistribution/debian/fai-distributions.install	2
> >006-01-09 22:55:32 UTC (rev 3229) +++
> > people/lazyboy/fai-2.9-multidistribution/debian/fai-distributions.install	2
> >006-01-09 22:57:20 UTC (rev 3230) @@ -0,0 +1,23 @@
> > +usr/lib/fai/dists
> > +usr/lib/fai/dists/ubuntu_hoary
> > +usr/lib/fai/dists/ubuntu_hoary/make-base-tgz
> > +usr/lib/fai/dists/ubuntu_hoary/debootstrap
> > +usr/lib/fai/dists/ubuntu_hoary/debootstrap/debootstrap

> [full debootstrap contents removed]

> heisst das, Du includest da ne debootstrap version, oder verstehe/lese ich das
> gerade falsch ?

Short Translation: are you including some debootstrap version here?

Yes, I include the unpacked Ubuntu debootstrap package here.

This was necessary for providing a way to create a base image for Ubuntu
by running a single command (even this could be included in
make-fai-nfsroot) an no futher hassles, in addition to the usual FAI
configuration.
I see that it is not an option to include an Ubuntu binary package. I
thought, maybe the source itself would be O.k. but that seems also
wrong.

Alternatives:

I make the make-base-tgz script for other distributions but the one FAI
is running on fetch the debootstrap package needed for that distribution
from an ftp server(official or a cached version provided bai FAI), or
let the user select a location where he manually put it, unpack it, and
store it somewhere (/srv/fai/... ?).

Would that suffice? Where in /srv could I place such a package,
containing software needed to run each time the base image for the
distributions is recreated and downloaded from "somewhere"?

Henning