fai package splitting

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Nov 3 23:31:17 CET 2005

    > - fai-client vs. fai-server: /etc/fai/fai.conf should go into fai-client;
    >   it's needed by softupdates
Currently it's need in both packages. Since it will be copied during
the installation, I will remain in fai-server, so every client that's
installed with fai also contains this file. Since this file will be
edited on the fai server, it can;t be included in the fai-client
package. I know that this is not perfect, since it's a config file and
not included in fai-clients. Let's solve this issue late.

    > - migration path from the old 'fai' package?
Any volunteers?

    > - what do the ftp-masters think about a bunch of really small packages?
Checked. No problem.