fai package splitting

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Oct 18 16:25:33 CEST 2005

    > - why does fai-server not depend on deboostrap? I can't imagine what a
Will be fixed soon.

    > it when fai-kernels where installed on the host system.
People building their own fai install kernel, do not need the
fai-kernels package. Therefore fai-kernels will remain recommended.

    > Or depend all of them in fai-quickstart, because the easiest, fastest,
Yes this it a good idea. But Currently fai-quickstart is mostly a
package of dependencies. Do you think we should move the simple
examples to fai-quickstart to leave them in fai-doc?

    > Hint: You don't explicitly need to create and upload such packages,
    > everybody can easily create them on it's own if you commit and just say
    > "see trunk in subversion" - or are the packages different from what's in
    > trunk now?
I will stop building packages when I updated the READM.build-sources
(it's a bad name I know) to svn commands.

    > I think it's cool to have a quickstart package that enables starting
    > users very easy with as less manual interaction as possible, so a
    > quickstart package that puts the examples readily in /srv/fai or
    > wherever we consider is the correct location for the FAI_CONFIGDIR
    > instead of /usr/local/share/fai is a good idea, if we get it working
    > nicely.
The pathes will be changed later. First just the way of splitting is important.