svn usable ?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Sep 30 12:41:10 CEST 2005

    > My proposal is:
    > - I'll write a howto work with people branches.
I like to read it!

    > - I can also setup commit mails for the fai subversion directory.
Perfect!

    > - give anybody you remotly trust (henning g., henning s., michael m., me, plus
    > plus) write access but tell them _only_ to commit to their people branch.
OK, I have not problems with this.

    > - if anybody commits (without being allowed to do so, the default is no) to
    > trunk / other branches than the people branches (like stable) revert the
    > changes and warn the developer.
OK.

    > - if anybody commits twice wrongly, remove write access.
And install windo$ automatically on his computer ;-)

    > fai and not sabotage your work.) Technically it's possible with a pre-commit
    > hook or with webdac to restrict write access, but IMHO this is additional
    > unneeded and extra work as the above described social measures will work
    > equally well if not better because it's less work.
I agree completely.

    > If you, Thomas, accept this proposal I promise to write the above mentioned
    > howto and setup the commit mails within the next eight days - this is
I think you should prepare everything and we can enable and test it
then in Essen.

    > I would send the commit mails to this mailing-list address and people can then
    > filter them into another local folder if they like. Another list is also fine
    > with me.
I would prefer another list, since I want to keep the list to be more
a discussion list than a list of a lot of commits.