[DiXiT] Fwd: [CFP Deadline extended] DiXiT Convention: Technology, Software, Standards for the Digital Scholarly Edition (The Hague, 16 - 18 September)

Franz Fischer franz.fischer at uni-koeln.de
Wed May 20 16:08:30 CEST 2015

*Deadline extended!*

Dear all,
we are pleased to inform you that the deadline for submitting proposals
for the DiXiT Convention: TECHNOLOGY, SOFTWARE, STANDARDS FOR THE
DIGITAL SCHOLARLY EDITION has been extended to *Thursday the 28th of May*.

Answering a recurring question, let me clarify that this *call for
paper* is open to *everybody* (except DiXiT fellows).

We are looking forward to welcoming you in The Hague.

With kind regards,

    *Please circulate widely*

    *Apologiesforcross-posting*

    DiXiT Convention: Technology, Software, Standards for the Digital
    Scholarly Edition

    The Hague, September 16-18  2015**

    **

    **

    *PROGRAMME*

      * Tuesday 15: two parallel workshops
          o Net7 will present Pundit and Muruca
          o Huygens ING will run a workshop ‘TEI and neighbouring standards’
      * Wednesday 16 until Friday 18 (morning): the *Convention* proper
        (‘Technology, Software, Standards for the Digital Scholarly
        Edition’)

    *Keynotes*will be given by *Leo Jansen*, editor of the acclaimed
    edition of Van Gogh’s letters <http://vangoghletters.org/>, *Laurent
    Romary <https://twitter.com/laurentromary>*, director of DARIAH
    <http://dariah.eu/>, and *Lorna Hughes
    <https://twitter.com/lornamhughes>*, chair in digital humanities  at
    the University of London’s School of Advanced Study
    <http://www.sas.ac.uk/about-us/news/digital-humanities-boost-school-advanced-study> (SAS).

    Call for papers

    The DiXiT project <http://dixit.uni-koeln.de/> is an Initial
    Training Network funded under the European Commission’s Marie-Curie
    scheme. In the project a number of high-profile European
    universities and research institutions work together in training a
    new generation of digital scholarly editors.

    The Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands is
    organizing the first of DiXiT’s three conventions, September 16-18
    2015 in The Hague, the Netherlands. The convention will be an
    informal meeting where the DiXiT research fellows will present their
    first results in interactive sessions. We anticipate a lively
    get-together bristling with new ideas, and we hope that many of
    those working in the field of scholarly editing and digital
    humanities will gather here. In order to broaden the scope and
    diversity of the meeting, the convention organisers are issuing this
    call.

    While the focus of the convention is on technology, software and
    standards, topics for the sessions may include anything related to
    scholarly digital editing, such as:

      * tools for editing, collation, publication
      * text markup: application, development, advantages, disadvantages
      * sustainability and preservation of editions: economic and technical
      * editing as a social endeavour: crowd-sourcing, social editions
        and other forms of collaboration
      * the role of the editor in digital editing
      * and others

    We encourage exploratory papers. Early-career scholars are welcome.

    We ask those interested in presenting a twenty-minute paper to mail
    their proposal to congres at huygens.knaw.nl
    <mailto:congres at huygens.knaw.nl>. The proposal should include:

      * name and email of the presenter
      * title of paper
      * abstract (ca. 400 words).

    Dates:

      * call for papers April 21, 2015
      * *proposals due May 21, 2015*
      * decision about acceptance June 7, 2015
      * meeting: September 14-18, 2015

    Keynotes will be given by Leo Jansen, editor of the acclaimed
    edition of Van Gogh’s letters <http://vangoghletters.org/>, Laurent
    Romary <https://twitter.com/laurentromary>, director of DARIAH
    <http://dariah.eu/>, and Lorna Hughes
    <https://twitter.com/lornamhughes>, chair in digital humanities  at
    the University of London’s School of Advanced Study
    <http://www.sas.ac.uk/about-us/news/digital-humanities-boost-school-advanced-study> (SAS).

    The meeting is preceded by two parallel workshops on September 15:
    Net 7 <http://www.netseven.it/en> (Italy) runs a workshop about
    semantic enrichment of digital library content; Huygens ING runs a
    workshop on TEI and neighbouring standards.

    Information about registration for the convention and workshops will
    follow.

    Convention website: http://dixit.huygens.knaw.nl/

    --

    On behalf of the Organization Committee

    --

    Elena Spadini

    Huygens Ing - DiXiT fellow

    Sapienza University of Rome - PhD student

    @spadinelena

    spadinielena.wordpress.com <http://spadinielena.wordpress.com>

    elena.spadini at huygens.knaw.nl <mailto:elena.spadini at huygens.knaw.nl>

--