setup-storage and GPT partition tables with EFI boot partition

Kerim Gueney kgueney at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jul 3 16:48:00 CEST 2015

Am 22.01.2015 um 18:31 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
> Hello!
>
> I am currently trying to install FAI with UEFI for the first time. For
> that, I need to create a GPT partition table with a FAT32 EFI
> partition at the beginning of the disk. My first attempt for such
> a disk config looked like this (inspired from here [1]):
>
> disk_config sda fstabkey:uuid disklabel:gpt
>
> primary -                 512   vfat    rw
> primary /               30000   ext4    rw
> logical swap             8000   swap    sw
> logical /var             6000   ext4    rw
> primary /local_scratch  1-      ext4    rw
>
> which results into an error:
Hey,

we just uploaded a new beta that you can get from the grml repo (
http://jenkins.grml.org/job/fai-binaries/ ). This one should hopefully
fix the error you have encountered and implement Thomas' suggested disk
config example that looks like this:

disk_config sda fstabkey:uuid disklabel:gpt
primary /boot/efi       512     efi     rw
primary /               30000   ext4    rw

Do note the new "efi" partition type. It applies the vFAT filesystem
onto the partition and sets the partition type to EFI System Partition.

We'd appreciate it, if you guys could test it and reported any bugs you
encounter.

Cheers
Kerim