semi-automatic rebuild of fai-cd on i386 and amd64

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 10 16:24:51 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 03:38:56PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I would like to setup a semi automatic build script (which needs to be kicked
> off manually but does everything else automatically), which then builds four
> cds: etch-i386, sid-i386, etch-amd64 and sid-amd64.

The last time I checked, etch make-fai-nfsroot would not work on amd64.
Still waiting for libapt-*-perl.

> Unfortunatly I do not have access to an amd64 box. And unfortunatly
> make-fai-nfsroot (which needs to be run to build the cd) needs root, fakeroot
> is not enough. So either someone else must trust me (eg because I "only" get
> root in a virtual environment) or run the script for me (I can write it and
> test on i386 before :)
>
> So, I you have amd64 hardware and want to share it and help, please speak up.

I've got a 4-core opteron here, with lots of RAM.

I cannot share it before mid-next week though (and it's in private address
space, and it will be reconfigured several times) ... but after that,
probably something can be arranged. Will this be a nightly task?

BTW, what about building ISOs for other archs as well?

S.