[unix-ws] Int'l Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing 2001

Icassp2001- Organizing Commitee icassp-publicity at ee.elen.utah.edu
Die Okt 24 11:17:32 CEST 2000

2001 IEEE
International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing
ICASSP 2001

Dear Colleague:
The 2001 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal
Processing (ICASSP 2001) will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah, during
May 7-11. The deadline for submission of papers for regular sessions as
well
as sessions in the Industry Technology Track is Nov. 10, 2000. All
relevant information about the conference are available at our web site
http://www.icassp2001.org

We have chosen "DSP Everywhere" as the theme for this year's conference,

signifying the penetration of signal processing technology into
virtually all facets of our everyday life. The plenary talks, special
invited sessions and the technical program in general will reflect this
theme. In addition, we plan to have a student forum, a job fair and
possibly several vendor tutorials in this year's ICASSP. The details
will be published on our web site as they are finalized.
Salt Lake City and Utah offer an incredible array of scenic and
touristic activities for the visitor. The city is seated in the majestic
Wasatch
mountain range with world famous ski resorts. From magnificent mountains

to the east, the gorgeous red-rock deserts to the south, and the Great
Salt Lake and ghostly salt flats to the west, there is something for
everyone. The downtown area is clean, safe, and home to many excellent
restaurants and shopping centers, all within easy walking distance of
the conference venue and hotels. Salt Lake City is the proud host of the

2002 Winter Olympic games. Please join us in Salt Lake City for what
promises to be an outstanding conference.
Thank you.