[python-users] this morning's harvest of interesting Python links

Guy K. Kloss g.kloss at massey.ac.nz
Do Mär 18 22:01:09 CET 2010

Habe dies zu unserer NZPUG-Liste geschickt, aber ich denke, dass es auch bei
Euch in DE von Interesse sein koennte.

Guy

Subject: this morning's harvest of interesting Python links
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010, 09:56:51
From: "Guy K. Kloss" <g.kloss at massey.ac.nz>
To: New Zealand Python User Group <nzpug at googlegroups.com>

"SciPy - the embarrassing way to code"

This first one has been posted on Twitter by Darryl. It's an interesting (but
so true) essay on the pleasures of developing mathematical code with SciPy:

http://www.vetta.org/2008/05/scipy-the-embarrassing-way-to-code/

---

"Google Python Style Guide"

Google's style guide for Python coding. I pretty much agree with almost all
their guidelines. Although I do see myself violating one or two of them on
rare occasions. This guide pretty well reflects to stick to one of the core
ideas of Python, to keep code easily readable. And one may have to sacrifice
nifty fanciness in favour of readability ...

http://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pyguide.html

---

"Paramiko: SSH and SFTP With Python"

Did you find yourself in the position of trying to execute remote things
through SSH by os.system(), subprocess or popen()? Well, do so no more.
Paramiko is the set of Python batteries for this task in Python. Have a look
at it!

http://segfault.in/2010/03/paramiko-ssh-and-sftp-with-python/

--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences