Boot-looping or hanging Debian 11 FAI UEFI PXE - GRUB issue

Nicolas Formichella stigpro at outlook.fr
Tue May 14 11:50:36 CEST 2024

Hello Thomas,

Sorry for the late answer, I was out of the office.

I successfully tried your workaround of using v6.0 `fai-make-nfsroot`, however I encountered the fact that FAI 5.10 seem to have different variable handling

After removing ${kernelname} (which wasn't recognized, despite the variable being set), it stopped boot-looping and installs correctly

However, I now have an issue with GRUB-EFI, which seems to not be configured despite being installed (not recognized by the UEFI + shows as missing boot device).
Configuring it manually post-install (using https://wiki.debian.org/GrubEFIReinstall), makes it work just fine

Do I need to add a script to configure grub?

Regards,
Nicolas FORMICHELLA