FAI Config in git

Paul Berz pberz at mailbox.org
Mon Jun 3 22:30:16 CEST 2024

Good evening, everybody!

Thanks again for the good answer regarding my hard disk configuration.
Now I continued working with FAI and have encountered another problem.

My FAI config should be managed by a Git Repo.
But now (after changing the $|FAI_CONFIG_SRC||) |the PXE Environment
says "git command not found". It seems like git isn't installed by default.

How can I fix this in NFSROOT?

I've also another question:
How can FAI be updated in long term? (New Debian Releases, Package
Updates...)
Does the Config need changes over time, or is it relatively stable?

I plan to use FAI for the next years in my Homelab environment.

Best regards,
Paul