Single FAI server, multiple Debian versions?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Wed Jan 17 12:27:30 CET 2024

Il 17/01/2024 10:55, Andrew Ruthven ha scritto:

> On Wed, 2024-01-17 at 09:06 +0100, Diego Zuccato wrote:
>> I copied DEBIAN.var to BOOKWORM64.var, then changed the var to
>> release=bookworm .
>
> It'll depend on what you're using as in our profile as well. You need to
> have a class set that matches the class named used for the basefile you want
> to use.
>
> Are you setting BOOKWORM64?

Yup, sure!
And in the list printed during boot there are both, with DEBIAN
preceding BOOKWORM. I see both var files being read & printed.

Since the first workaround didn't work (even after changing 'echo' to
'cat'), I resorted to adding files/etc/apt/sources.list/BOOKWORM64 with
the needed lines.
At least now the packages get fetched from the right repository, but "it
smells worse than my yesterday diaper" (Baby Herman)...

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia