Attempt to fai-setup for Bookworm fails -?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Fri Jan 5 10:55:57 CET 2024

Good morning (and Happy New Year to everyone using the same calendar scheme) -

I'm a bit late to the Bookworm party, but need to set up FAI for the next
fresh installation/upgrade.
Using the files in /etc/fai that come with fai-server_6.0.5, I end up with this:

update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Processing triggers for dracut (059-4) ...
dracut: Generating /boot/initrd.img-6.1.0-17-amd64
dracut: dracut module 'network' depends on 'systemd-networkd', which can't be installed
dracut: dracut module 'ifcfg' depends on 'network', which can't be installed
dracut: dracut module 'livenet' depends on 'network', which can't be installed
dracut: dracut module 'nfs' depends on 'network', which can't be installed
dracut: dracut module 'nvmf' depends on 'network', which can't be installed
dracut: dracut module 'ifcfg' cannot be found or installed.
dpkg: error processing package dracut (--configure):
 installed dracut package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
 dracut

Of course, I've got to do this on a Bullseye machine. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)