Subject: Re:Re: Problem with setup-storage

Thomas Lange lange at cs.uni-koeln.de
Wed Feb 7 16:42:44 CET 2024

Hi all,

other people also have this problem (disks under /dev are not
in group disk but root). I wonder if you have checked /etc/fai/NFSROOT
after upgrading to FAI 6.2. Make sure this line is removed and
recreate the nfsroot.

sysvinit-core systemd-sysv-

It was used with FAI 6.0.x because we did not used systemd inside the
nfsroot. FAI 6.2 now ships an /etc/fai/NFSROOT which will install
systemd that's used nowadays. I hope that this is the cause of your
wrong group ownership for /dev.

Concerning setup-storage, I wonder if it is really broken inside the
FAI boot environment. FAI should define the functions needed for
setup-storage before calling setup-storage.

There may be still problems when you log in via ssh into the FAI
environment and call setup-storage. Then the functions needed are not
defined. A patch is already applied and will be available in the next
FAI version. See

https://github.com/faiproject/fai/compare/eb8f779aa4c69157d448..cd33235318279a962

--
viele Grüße Thomas