Problem with setup-storage

Stephen Quinney squinney at inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 15:59:08 CET 2024

I'm using the packages from Debian unstable so I reported this to the
Debian bug tracker first but then thought that it might be better done
through the mailing list.

We use the setup-storage utility in a standalone manner in our local
installation and configuration scripts with the rest of FAI. Up until
6.2 this worked just fine but now it fails.

This seems to be related to changes in the fai-disk-info script.

With 6.0 I get:

/usr/lib/fai/fai-disk-info
sda

and with 6.2 I now get:

/usr/lib/fai/fai-disk-info
bash: set_bootstick: command not found
bash: once_only: command not found
bash: all_disks_and_size: command not found
bash: checkdisk: command not found

At first I thought it was down to not having the fai-client package
installed (it's not listed as a dependency for fai-setup-storage)
since it provides the /usr/lib/fai/subroutines. However, installing
that package hasn't helped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Stephen Quinney