fcopy to a symlinked directory

Christopher Huhn C.Huhn at gsi.de
Tue Sep 19 19:07:21 CEST 2023

Hi y'all

I try to `fcopy -r /dir_a` where dir_a is a symlink to dir_b – on some
systems.

fcopy fails with "File exists at fcopy line 266" (FAI 5.10.3).

The error also occurs for `fcopy /dir_a/myfile`.

The obvious solution would be:
 > if ifclass SOME_SYSTEM; then
 >   fcopy -r /dir_b
 > else
 >   fcopy -r /dir_a
 > fi
but I'd like to avoid that due to its ugliness.

Looking at the code it looks like this case is simply unhandled by
fcopy. Is that correct?

Cheers,

Christopher

--

Christopher Huhn
Linux & web group

GSI Helmholtzzentrum fuer Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstr. 1, 64291 Darmstadt, https://www.gsi.de/

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office:                    Darmstadt
Handelsregister       / Commercial Register:
                                         Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528

Geschaeftsfuehrung    / Managing Directors:
                          Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Joerg Blaurock

Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrates /
   Chairman of the GSI Supervisory Board:
                                   Ministerialdirigent Dr. Volkmar Dietz