FAI + SaltStack anybody?

Henning Glawe henning.glawe at mpsd.mpg.de
Fri Oct 6 20:02:17 CEST 2023

Moin,

as I mentioned: check ``fai softupdate``, this feature of
FAI makes it a configuration manager.

Your running system gets updated to the state you define
in your FAI config without a downtime. No reinstall required.

p.s.: call me biased, as I implemented ``softupdate`` almost 20 years ago
and use it since then as a configuration manager for a few 1k hosts in
various contexts

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Henning Glawe

Dr. Henning Glawe
Max-Planck-Institut für Struktur und Dynamik der Materie
Geb. 99 (CFEL), Luruper Chaussee 149, 22761 Hamburg, Germany
http://www.mpsd.mpg.de/, Email: henning.glawe at mpsd.mpg.de
Building/Room: 99/O2.100, Phone: +49-40-8998-88392