Automatically disabling PXE boot

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Wed Jun 7 12:57:14 CEST 2023

On Wed, 2023-06-07 at 10:05 +0200, Diego Zuccato wrote:
> Hi Andrew.
>
> That would be OK, but I don't need (and it's actually undesirable) to
> reinstall at every reboot: one of the systems actually requires an extra
> reboot to complete the setup... if installation restarts, I'll find the
> system in a bootloop...
>
> Or maybe I didn't understand and you're calling fai-chboot and just not
> bothering about DHCP ?

Oh, we're not doing a reinstall on each boot, that'd suck.

While we aren't using fai-chboot, similar concept. We have a pxelinux.cfg/default file that has:

default localboot
label localboot
localboot 0

So by default the boxes will just boot off the local disk.

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
andrew at etc.gen.nz |