dracut fails for bookworm fai-make-nfsroot call

Waldemar Brodkorb mail at waldemar-brodkorb.de
Fri Jan 27 15:23:06 CET 2023

Hi FAI-Developers,

I have a bullseye server and want to install a bookworm system.
I configured /etc/fai accordingly to debootstrap bookworm.

When using fai-make-nfsroot -v I get following error when dracut is
used to create the initramfs:
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Processing triggers for dracut (059-3) ...
dracut: Generating /boot/initrd.img-6.1.0-1-s390x
dracut: dracut module 'network' depends on 'systemd-networkd', which
can't be installed
dracut: dracut module 'ifcfg' depends on 'network', which can't be
installed
dracut: dracut module 'livenet' depends on 'network', which can't be
installed
dracut: dracut module 'nfs' depends on 'network', which can't be
installed
dracut: dracut module 'nvmf' depends on 'network', which can't be
installed
dracut: dracut module 'ifcfg' cannot be found or installed.
dpkg: error processing package dracut (--configure):
 installed dracut package post-installation script subprocess
 returned error exit status 1
  dracut

It seems to be a problem with systemd-networkd module.
When I use network-legacy instead, I can successfully create a
working initrd. fai-server 5.10.3 is in use.

Is this a bug in bookworm's dracut package?

best regards
 Waldemar