UEFI boot order, Re: Tip: Remote FAI install

Andreas Sindermann sinder at thp.uni-koeln.de
Wed Jan 18 20:41:29 CET 2023

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether this issue concerning bad/wrong UEFI boot order
after a fai installation already was resolved in the meantime (since
September, 2021)?

https://lists.uni-koeln.de/pipermail/linux-fai/2021-September/012770.html

The idea was to e.g. add a few lines in
config/scripts/GRUB_EFI/10-setup  with efibootmgr commands (possibly
before and) after the grub-install commands to correct the changed UEFI
boot order.

Currently I'm installing new desktops with uninitialized ssds and after
the reboot I find the PXE boot option with a lower priority than the
installed OS which for my environment is quite inconvenient...

Best regards,
Andreas

--
Dr. Andreas Sindermann               fon: +49 (221) 470-4201
Institut fuer Theoretische Physik    fax: +49 (221) 470-5159