Disk config with GRUB/EFI, RAID + LVM

Rémy Dernat remy.d1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 12:11:09 CET 2023

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for suggestions.

Now, my file "disk_config/GRUB_EFI_RAID1" is [*]:

```
# example of new config file for setup-storage
#

disk_config disk1 disklabel:gpt fstabkey:uuid bootable:1
primary - 2G - -
primary /boot/efi 1G vfat rw createopts="-F32"
primary - 2G - -
primary - 0- - -

#disk_config disk2 sameas:disk1
disk_config disk2 disklabel:gpt fstabkey:uuid
primary - 2G - -
primary /boot/efi2 1G vfat rw createopts="-F32"
primary - 2G - -
primary - 0- - -

disk_config raid fstabkey:uuid
raid1 /boot disk1.1,disk2.1 ext4 rw,noatime mdcreateopts="--verbose
--metadata=0.90"
raid1 swap disk1.3,disk2.3 swap sw
raid1 - disk1.4,disk2.4 - -

disk_config lvm fstabkey:uuid
vg vg_system md2
vg_system-root / 60G-200G ext4 rw,noatime
vg_system-tmp /tmp 20G-50G ext2 rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev
##vg_system-scratch /scratch 30%- ext2 rw,noatime
vg_system-home /home 30%- ext4 rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev
```

=> Even if the installation succeeded, grub does not seem to work.

Anyway, I am wondering how you set this in the disk_config file (syntax ?):

> I like to put a 100MB partition at the end of disks in a RAID pair to allow
> for slightly differing size of a replacement disk. Although currently it
> seems that any new disk we get is many many GB bigger than the old failed
> one.

Thanks again,

Best regards,
Rémy

[*] there was an error for /boot partition which was not formatted the
right way (vfat does not allow symbolic links). vfat should be used
for /boot/EFI only.