Installation of package_config/CLASS.gpg

Christopher Huhn C.Huhn at gsi.de
Wed Aug 23 15:44:18 CEST 2023

Am 18.07.23 um 11:36 schrieb Andrew Ruthven:
> Apt will then trust all the keyrings in
> /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d . This isn't really ideal, and I'd prefer to use
> Signed-By to specify which GPG keyring to trust for our various additional
> repositories.

Just out of curiosity:
What security benefit do you achieve by demanding that a certain repo is
signed by a specific key?

Best

Christopher

--

Christopher Huhn
Linux & web group

GSI Helmholtzzentrum fuer Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstr. 1, 64291 Darmstadt, https://www.gsi.de/

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office:                    Darmstadt
Handelsregister       / Commercial Register:
                                         Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528

Geschaeftsfuehrung    / Managing Directors:
                          Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Joerg Blaurock

Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrates /
   Chairman of the GSI Supervisory Board:
                                   Ministerialdirigent Dr. Volkmar Dietz