Anyone here on the list having an fedora Server (newer versions) for serving diskless-clients (running fedora)?

Sven Schumacher schumacher at tfd.uni-hannover.de
Wed Aug 16 14:16:35 CEST 2023

Hello,

in older documentation I can find the info, that there was an option
"readonly=yes" to use on fedora for creating an nfsroot to be served for
diskless clients but in newer versions this file isn't available
anymore. When I boot my client everything is fine, as long as I have a
writeable nfs-mount. Otherwise the system hangs on booting. Using more
than ONE client isn't possible this way. I'll have to separate /etc and
/var. something like overlayfs, like fai is using, would be the
solution, perhaps.

Any other suggestions/hints?

Thanks in advance

Sven

--
Sven Schumacher                       Tel: (0511)762-2753
Leibniz Universitaet Hannover

Institut für Turbomaschinen und Fluid-Dynamik       - TFD
Institut für Kraftwerkstechnik und Wärmeübertragung - IKW
Institut für Technische Verbrennung                 - ITV