Config paths and scripts

Marc Hoppins marc.hoppins at eset.com
Fri Apr 21 14:33:59 CEST 2023

Hulloa again,

In our 50-host we have

    *-dbnode*)
        echo "FAIBASE UBUNTU JAMMY64 WIPEALL BOND JUMBO-DBNODE GRUB_EFI" ;;

Am confused as to why these are as they are.

FAIBASE is a directory (scripts/FAIBASE)
UBUNTU is a directory (scripts/UBUNTU)
JAMMY64 seems to refer to the JAMMY64.tar.xz file
WIPEALL (I hope) is hooks/partition.WIPEALL (the script you pointed me to which purges disk partitions)
BOND appears to be linked to code inside 30-interface which, I assume, is the version beneath UBUNTU (UBUNTU/30-interface)
JUMBO-DBNODE is our declared disk_config file
GRUB_EFI is scripts/GRUB_EFI

It is correct in how they are referenced, as items in the class file, regardless of whether they are the ROOT dir of the keyword or code inside a script in a referenced KEYWORD directory?

If so, and I want to have an alternative network configuration for the target system, would I have to have (eg) a second referenced UBUNTU with a different 30-interface inside it (one which configures the rebooted target with a different network config)?  For example, we want a link aggregated host and so could suggest UBUNTU-LA, so as to differentiate between the usual setup going on here (active-master) and our version.  I could then leave BOND and it would be the 30-int bond inside our new config.

Thanks for the help in understanding this.

Marc