Ubuntu 22

Bill MacAllister bill at ca-zephyr.org
Wed Apr 5 08:35:41 CEST 2023

On 2023-03-31 03:59, Marc Hoppins via linux-fai wrote:

I am a bit slow in responding but felt I could comment anyway.

> I think what our guy was referring to was that he must have made a
> Ubu22 basefile, either from a dist-upgraded ubu20 system or a modified
> ubu22 basefile, which does not work here.

What is the failure?

> In the meantime, I shall have to use a ubu20 and do dist-upgrades as
> the request we have is for Ubu22 and I doubt we can wait for him to
> finish with a working version.
>
> I was just trying to clarify that the version on the project site was
> good

I have been building Jammy (Ubuntu 22.04) systems with FAI for months
now.
Both physical systems and Xen guests.  I can't answer the question about
the efficacy of Thomas's Jammy basefile because I just use been the
mk-basefile script to roll my own basefiles as needed.  The bottom line
is that building Jammy systems works fine with FAI.

Bill

--
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without
evidence."