Installation failure

Marc Hoppins marc.hoppins at eset.com
Mon Apr 3 10:02:48 CEST 2023

Hi, Guys,

We are trying to install Ubuntu20 to Supermicro (UEFI) NVME device.

FAI runs to the point

Starting cron
Starting SSHD
Starting smartd
FAI: installation aborted.
reboot with: faireboot
or after a logout
bash cannot set terminal process group (1076): inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell

The shell that exists (nfs) is slow and does NOT have /tmp/fai so there are no logs

This system is similar to others which were setup successfully by a colleague (same hardware, subnet), so the disk layout is almost the same, I just increased partition sizes a little to accommodate software to be installed.

# entire disk with LVM, separate /home
disk_config /dev/nvme0n1 disklabel:gpt fstabkey:uuid align-at:1M

primary /boot/efi 512M  vfat    rw
primary /boot   512M     ext2    rw,noatime
primary -       4G-     -       -

disk_config lvm

vg vg /dev/nvme0n1p3
vg-root     /           8G   xfs    rw,noatime,nodiratime
vg-tmp      /tmp        1G   xfs    rw,noatime,nodiratime
vg-var      /var        10G   xfs    rw,noatime,nodiratime
vg-varlog   /var/log    4G   xfs    rw,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,noexec
vg-home     /home       8G   xfs    rw,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid
vg-opt      /opt        10G   xfs    rw,noatime,nodiratime