restart during pxe-boot triggered due to intel driver? (newbie)

Halbauer, Ralf ralf.halbauer at sbb.spk-berlin.de
Fri Jul 22 19:27:57 CEST 2022

Hello -

we are trying to install Debian Bullseye via fai on a current FUJITSU
Lifebook (uefi pxe boot). First firmware was missed, we have added the
specially firmware packages in the NFSROOT configuration successful.

It seems all works fine now until the following messages:
[   11.758580] e1000e: EEE TX LPI TIMER: 00000011
[   11.891010] reboot: Restarting system
[   11.891087] reboot: machine restart

There are some issues with e1000 drivers in suspend situations I 've
seen in the community.
(https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200508150734.GP8135@suse.de/T/)

How can we debug and workaround this behaviour, or do we have a
completely other problem here? In the BIOS configuration of the notebook
I can't found any useful switches to deactivate regarding for instance
the network card or the power management.

Thank you in advanced,
best regards Ralf.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ralf Halbauer

Ralf Halbauer
LAMP-Administration, Abteilung IDM1
Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer Kulturbesitz

Potsdamer Straße 33
10785 Berlin

Tel.:   +49 30 266-43 21 12
Fax:    +49 30 266-33 20 01