Dracut : Could not boot

Thomas Lange lange at cs.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jul 11 15:57:40 CEST 2022

    > Last friday, I receive a new laptop to install by FAI (Dell Precision 5570) , and when I boot by PXE with FAI, I have a message lie this:
Do you do a network installation with FAI? Or do you boot a FAI ISO
from USB/CD,....?

    > "dracut: Warning: could not boot"
This may be because of an unknown hardware device. If you do the
network installation, the ethernet device must be activated. Otherwise
the USB device containing the ISO will be used.
Maybe your ethernet device needs some nonfree firmware, which is not
included into the initrd that dracut is using.

Do you have any more detailed warning/error message?