LUKS, "no device found"

Maximilian Stein m at steiny.biz
Tue Jan 25 19:40:55 CET 2022

>    Using config file: /var/lib/fai/config/disk_config/LVM_LUKS_EFI
>    Executing: wipefs -af /dev/sda1
>    Executing: wipefs -af /dev/sda2
>    Executing: vgchange -a y vg1
>    Executing: wipefs -af /dev/vg1/root
>    Executing: lvremove -f /dev/vg1/root
>    Executing: head -c 2047 /dev/urandom | od | tee
> /tmp/fai/crypt_dev_sda3
>    Executing: vgchange -a n vg1
>    Executing: vgremove vg1
>    pvremove  /dev/mapper/crypt_dev_sda3
>    (STDERR)   No device found for /dev/mapper/cyrpt_dev_sda3
>    Command had non-zero exit code

Are you sure that cryptsetup is installed on your stick/cd/nfs
installer? The log output does not have any

Maybe you could also try to use the "Plain disk + LUKS + LVM2" example
directly (i.e., with a legacy PC bootloader, maybe even in a VM). I
think I once had this running in the past for testing.

For debugging setup-storage related issues I found it useful to add the
"-d" option. After an installation has failed, you can just run
setup-storage manually from the command line or via SSH and check the
contents of its internal lists of the actual and desired config.

Best
Maximilian