root file system not found on LVM with Ubuntu "jammy" build

Thomas Lange lange at cs.uni-koeln.de
Fri Aug 19 16:19:26 CEST 2022

    >> > The server builds but the first boot after imaging drops the system to
    >> > the initramfs prompt due to a missing /dev/mapper/vg0-root file system.
    >> Maybe you forgot to install the package lvm2.
    >>

    > That was the issue.
Fince. You should have this error message in fai.log and error.log,
since FAI checks in scripts/LAST/50-misc if you use a lvm device and
have added the lvm2 package:

  ERROR: Found lvm devices, but the lvm2 package was not installed

P.S.: I'm always very interested in user experiences with FAI. Can you
please fill out the FAI questionnaire
https://fai-project.org/questionnaire and send it back to me when you
finished a project with FAI.