Grub install fails because of missing files

Moser, Marcus Marcus.Moser at yenoit.de
Mon May 10 18:28:56 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I have the following problem:
I want to install CentOS 7 with FAI, but the grub install always fails. In the log file was the following massage:

"grub2-install: error: cannot find EFI directory."

After some digging on a test-system on a virtual maschine, i found out that many necessary directorys and files are not created in the installation process. Everthing else works on the current setup.

I used the FAI ISO large as a base form my FAI setup.

Does anybody know the solution to this problem?

If somebody needs more information to the problem, i will do my best to provide it.

Thanks in advance

Marcus Moser