FAI confused by DHCP on multiple network interfaces

Justin Cattle j at ocado.com
Thu Mar 18 17:17:24 CET 2021

Hi,

I don't think you mentioned if you are using syslinux or not, but if you
are, you can put something like this in your pxe config file:

ipappend 2

For an entire config might look like this:

default buster

label buster
kernel vmlinuz
ipappend 2
append initrd=initrd.img console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 ip=dhcp
root=1.2.3.4:/srv/fai/nfsroot/filesystem.dir rootovl
ixgbe.allow_unsupported_sfp=1 FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt,reboot
FAI_ACTION=install rd.net.timeout.carrier=20 rd.net.timeout.ifup=30

Cheers,
Just

--

Notice:
This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately and delete all copies of this message. Please note that it is
your responsibility to scan this message for viruses.

References to the
"Ocado Group" are to Ocado Group plc (registered in England and Wales with
number 7098618) and its subsidiary undertakings (as that expression is
defined in the Companies Act 2006) from time to time. The registered office
of Ocado Group plc is Buildings One & Two, Trident Place, Mosquito Way,
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9UL.