Secure Boot

Justin Cattle j at ocado.com
Mon Mar 1 21:44:30 CET 2021

I got this working in the end.

A few key takeaways if anyone else is looking at this.

If you are using debian for the nfsroot, you have to use buster, as Secure
Boot was not supported properly on any release before that.

The nfsroot should contain these packages: shim-signed,
grub-efi-amd64-signed

You have to use grub as the boot loader, not syslinux.

Make sure the following files are copied into your tftp dir:

NFSROOT/usr/lib/shim/shimx64.efi.signed -> bootx64.efi
NFSROOT/usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi-signed/grubnetx64.efi.signed -> grubx64.efi
NFSROOT/usr/share/grub/unicode.pf2 -> grub/fonts/unicode.pf2
NFSROOT/usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi -> grub/x86_64-efi

You may also need to symlink the grub dir back from the tftp root, in our
case that looked like: TFTP_DIR/grub -> TFTP_DIR/fai/grub

Then you need a grub.cfg in: TFTP_DIR/fai/grub/grub.cfg

Ours looked a little like this:

set default="0"
set timeout=1

if loadfont unicode ; then
  set gfxmode=auto
  set locale_dir=$prefix/locale
  set lang=en_US
fi
terminal_output gfxterm

set menu_color_normal=white/black
set menu_color_highlight=black/light-gray
if background_color 44,0,30; then
  clear
fi

menuentry 'FAI' {
        linux fai/vmlinuz console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 ip=dhcp
root=1.2.3.4:/srv/fai/nfsroot/filesystem.dir rootovl
FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt,reboot FAI_ACTION=install
rd.net.timeout.carrier=20 rd.net.timeout.ifup=30 BOOTIF=$net_default_mac
        initrd fai/initrd.img
}

Cheers,
Just

--

Notice:
This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately and delete all copies of this message. Please note that it is
your responsibility to scan this message for viruses.

References to the
"Ocado Group" are to Ocado Group plc (registered in England and Wales with
number 7098618) and its subsidiary undertakings (as that expression is
defined in the Companies Act 2006) from time to time. The registered office
of Ocado Group plc is Buildings One & Two, Trident Place, Mosquito Way,
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9UL.