fai-diskimage variable "classes" not inherited to fai

Thomas Lange lange at cs.uni-koeln.de
Wed Jun 30 10:31:46 CEST 2021

    > How is "-c" concatenate to the classes from config_space/class ?

    > We set a couple of default classes (class/49-always_set_classes) and add only the invidual, server specific, classes via class/50-host-classes

    > # fai-diskimage -v -N  -cDEBIAN_10,S2APP  image.raw

I guess the man page of fai(8) explains it better, since -c and -N
from fai-diskimage are passed to the fai call itself.
-N executes the scripts in the class/ subdirectory. -c just sets the
variable $cmdlineclasses which is then used by class/01-classes. So if
you do not have the script class/01-classes
the classes from -c are not used. If you rename 01-classes to
99-classes you can change the order of the classes defined by -c.

BTW, I never use -c and -N at the same time.

--
viele Grüße Thomas