Driver replacement

Pasquale Cantiello pasquale.cantiello at ingv.it
Wed Feb 24 11:20:13 CET 2021

Hi all

I'm new to fai (only two weeks) and trying to use it to install a cluster
with a front-end and 10 compute nodes. At present stage I am able to
install all machines with related software and little customization from
the faiserver with almost no problem.

Now, since the nodes have a GPU card I want to install the nvidia driver
and related sdk to the frontend and all nodes. I've downloaded all the
files (.run file for driver and .deb files for sdk) on faiserver and put
them in nfsroot in order to launch the installation on the nodes.

My problems are now:
How to prevent the installation of the nouveau driver on nodes? This will
conflict with the new driver. I've also put a modeprobe.conf file with
blacklist in /nfsroot/etc/modeprobe.d/ but with no success.

And, how to use the PRELOAD or PRELOADRM command in the package
configuration to install sdk from nfsroot? I've found no samples and tried
all combinations...

Thanks in advance to all who can help me.

Best regards
     Pasquale

---
ing. PhD Pasquale Cantiello
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Sezione di Napoli - Osservatorio Vesuviano
Via Diocleziano, 328 - 80124 Napoli
Tel. 081-6108.332