Fai.me support for i386 and lxqt desktop

Jean-mathieu CHANTREIN jean-mathieu.chantrein at univ-angers.fr
Thu Oct 22 18:47:08 CEST 2020

Hi Juri,

> I have downloaded this ISO and in
> /var/lib/fai/config/package_config/FAIME I have found:
>
> PACKAGES install-norec
> task-lxqt-desktop
> PACKAGES install
> task-french
>
> I think, that the problem is, in contrast to task-french task-lxqt-desktop would
> be installed
> without recommends.

Yes, you're right! I change this setting to install task-lxqt-desktop in "install" mode in my fai-server and the generated iso working fine.
Also, I'm looking in /var/lib/fai/config/package_config/DEBIAN of fai.me server config and all desktop package(GNOME,LXDE,...) are install in "install" mode and not in "install-norec" mode. So, just put task-lxqt-desktop package in additional package on fai.me does not allow a functional installation of the lxqt graphical environment.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Jean-Mathieu