FAI (root password change on errors)

Matteo Guglielmi Matteo.Guglielmi at dalco.ch
Thu Jun 18 17:27:53 CEST 2020

No,

not that.

I've configured FAI to stop (no reboot of the install client)

and fire up a login shell if any of the scripts fails with:

STOP_ON_ERROR=419 # we stop if any of the scripts fails

So,

when FAI stops because of any error in the scripts, FAI starts

a login shell (tty console) on the install client and the root

password of FAI itself (nfsroot+overlayfs) is changed.

In other words,

as long as FAI does not stop because of errors I can ssh remotely

into the install client using the password defined in ROOTPW.. but

when it stops, the root password is changed to something else and

I cannot ssh remotely anymore.

Only if I change the pass on the install client using the tty the

FAI started I can login from remote again.