dracut error during nfsroot update

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Tue Jun 16 09:31:46 CEST 2020

Hello,

when trying to upgrade the nfsroot, we get

> dracut: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-9-amd64
> dracut: dracut module 'livenet' cannot be found or installed.
> dpkg: error processing package dracut (--configure):
>   subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
> status 1

The nfsroot is based on Debian 10. I have found a similar problem on this list from 2017 (https://lists.uni-koeln.de/pipermail/linux-fai/2017-June/011735.html). The solution then was to include curl in the nfsroot. Curl is installed in our nfsroot, we are using the NFSROOT list shipped with the current version.

Any ideas how to find out what is missing?

Thanks,
Andreas