Output system information (esp. WiFi MAC address) at the end of installation

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Jun 15 17:57:30 CEST 2020

Hi all, hi Thomas,

(please Cc: me when replying, so I notice your answer as early as possible).

is there a simple way to output some custom stuff at the end of
installation? For a Debian Edu setup, I need to view the WiFi MAC
address of installed machines on the screen of the default device so
that it can be transferred to the site's LDAP hosts list.

Does anyone have a snippet available that does this?

Next step for this report would be to have it emailed out to the site
admins. But printing device information on screen would be sufficient
for now.

On the other hand, is anyone doing automatic manipulation of LDAP
object from within the FAI installer? (Is there a way to implement
this securely? I sense not...).

Thanks in advance for any feedback provided!

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31