Fai.me failed minimal install when GUI and non-free are enable

Thomas Lange lange at cs.uni-koeln.de
Fri Jul 10 15:50:56 CEST 2020

    > A minimal install with no GUI, non-free and backports enable work.
you mean no GUI non non-free backports yes or
no GUI, but non-free yes and backports yes?

> A minimal install with GUI and backports work.
    > But, with a minimal install with GUI, non-free and backports enable, there is a dependancy problem when fai install non-free package (linux-image-amd64: Depends linux-image-5.6.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 [...] but it is not going to be installed)

Strange. I can see that non linux-image pacakge is in your mirror.
I'll dig deeper into this.

In the past, we did not had backports for the nonfree firmware
packages for buster. They are now available and I can adjust the
fai.me configs.

Sometimes we have dependency problems in fai.me if a newer kernel package
is available, but linux-image-amd64 still have a dependency on an older
version.