Package dependency problems

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 13 16:58:00 CET 2020

Well, I would imagine other people are going to run into this problem as
time goes by. I suspect that if the new chromium-browser package that
depends on snapd hasn't made it to the latest debian release, it will
soon. So here is the hook I wrote to work around the problem. I am
calling it instsoft.EOAN.

#! /bin/bash
$ROOTCMD dpkg-divert --add --rename --divert /usr/bin/snap.real
/usr/bin/snap
$ROOTCMD rm -f /usr/bin/snap
$ROOTCMD ln -s /bin/true /usr/bin/snap
# EOF