Configuring uefi boot

CSCI Technician tech at csci.viu.ca
Tue Nov 26 01:53:24 CET 2019

Hi,

I continue to work through getting Debian Buster deployed to new
hardware... I'm now trying to get it configured so the target uses uefi
to boot.  I've managed to get most of it but I'm missing something.

In Shell.log I'm seeing this:
=====   shell: GRUB_EFI/10-setup   =====
ainsl: appending to /target/etc/default/grub: GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true
grub-install: error: /usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/modinfo.sh doesn't exist.
Please specify --target or --directory.
Generating grub configuration file ...
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.19.0-6-amd64
Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-6-amd64
done
GRUB_EFI/10-setup    FAILED with exit code 1.

The related classes defined are GRUB and GRUB_EFI.  GRUB_PC is not
defined.  What I'm not sure how to fix is to get grub-install to realize
this is an efi and not a bios install so that it should be using the efi
path instead of the i386-pc path.

I see that grub-efi in installed and not any grub-pc related package.

any insight into what I'm missing or what to look for would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Merlin

--
Merlin Hansen