Possible bug in LAST/50-misc

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Mon Nov 4 09:29:00 CET 2019

On Thu, 2019-10-31 at 10:52:48 +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:
> I've added -y to the apt-get call. But you should check why this
> happens.
>
>     > 1 not fully installed or removed.
> I guess something went wrong before.

I've seen this happening when installing some interdependent *-dkms packages
which may result in such a situation - if they are installed in the wrong order.
(It seems that, while considering all dependencies, FAI sometimes reorders or
splits installs, with a flag that doesn't consider dependencies at that
particular point in time, "I know what I'm doing" - some packages appear
to outsmart FAI's own smartness though.)

Surprisingly, I never got stuck at 50-misc ... it almost looks as if "-y"
was assumed by default?

Cheers, Steffen