fai-chboot -vc output

Markus Köberl markus.koeberl at tugraz.at
Wed May 22 11:48:06 CEST 2019

Hi!

Please add better verbose output for `fai-chboot -vc templatename hostname`.
I had the issue that if the templatename equals a hostname in the domain search list it will take the configuration of the host instead of the template.
In my case I got a config with a older kernel version resulting in an error during installation.

I would suggest to make that better visible with an output like:

$ fai-chboot -vc templatename hostname
copy pxe config from template templatename.tmpl to hostname (12345678)

for a template and for a hostname:

$ fai-chboot -vc orighostname hostname
copy pxe config from host orighostname to hostname (12345678)

instead of producing the same output on both cases.
Thank you for the excellent work!

regards
Markus Köberl
--