fai-cd - encryption possibilities

Étienne Mollier etienne.mollier at mailoo.org
Sat Mar 23 09:50:40 CET 2019

Good Day All,

Justin Cattle, on 2019-03-22 :
> Re-reading my email, I don't think I was clear enough.  So I
> _think_  you may have mis-understood what I was asking.

Your thinking is right, I misunderstood the situation.  It could
have come from the clarity of your email perhaps, or simply from
the late time of day from my perspective.  :)

Thomas Lange, on 2019-03-22 :
> setup-storage is not used during the creation of fai-cd.

Indeed, should ciphering the fai-cd itself occur, that would be
by other means.  Cryptsetup could be involved I guess, but
concerning the details of implementation, I must admit I have no
idea for the moment.

Sorry for the confusion,
Kind Regards,
--